1oz Fiji Great Wave Coin
This coin honors the artwork of the ukiyo-e artist Katsushika Hokusai with his most famous piece,The Great Wave off Kanagawa. These coins have a limited mintage of 50,000, which further adds to their collectibility and strong bullion appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 5 typically come in a sealed sheet.
- Limited mintage of 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts Katsushika Hokusai’s famous color woodblock titled The Great Wave off Kanagawa, along with the weight and purity. This piece is very unique in theme, as it honors a renowned piece of art on its surface which is uncommon for Silver bullion coins.
- Reverse: Features the Fiji crest along with denomination of 1 Dollar.
Out of stock
These 1 oz Fiji Great Wave coins are a great way to diversify your investment portfolio and protect against inflation or economic downturn. Add this 2017 Great Wave Silver coin to your holdings today!
The Great Wave off Kanagawa (“In the well of a wave off Kanagawa“, “Under the wave off Kanagawa“), also known as The Great Wave or simply The Wave, is a woodblock print by the Japanese ukiyo-e artist Hokusai. It was published sometime between 1830 and 1833 in the late Edo period as the first print in Hokusai’s series Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji. It is Hokusai’s most famous work, and one of the best recognized works of Japanese art in the world. It depicts an enormous wave threatening boats off the coast of the prefecture of Kanagawa. While sometimes assumed to be a tsunami, the wave is, as the picture’s title suggests, more likely to be a large rogue wave. As in all the prints in the series, it depicts the area around Mount Fuji under particular conditions, and the mountain itself appears in the background.