1 oz Silver Star Trek
Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek debuted in 1966, and ran for three seasons until 1969. Set in the future, the science fiction series followed the 23rd century adventures of key characters that included Captain James T. Kirk, the part-human part-Vulcan character Spock, and Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy.
Since its debut, Star Trek has developed into a cultural phenomenon with a range of spinoff television series and a number of feature films being released over the past five decades. The series explored a variety of societal themes and issues including a Utopian society, war and peace, imperialism, economics, racial equality, religion, human rights, feminism, and the role of technology.
With the ability to travel at speeds surpassing the speed of light, the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 was one of the United Federation of Planets’ most famous space-exploration vessels. The starship achieved lasting fame from the five-year mission she undertook under the command of Captain James T. Kirk. The mission handed down by Starfleet involved deep-space exploration to seek out new life and new civilizations, and to boldly go where no man has gone before™.
Out of stock
This is the first Star Trek bullion coin produced, and is expected to be just as collectible as the numismatic coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged individually in a plastic capsule.
- Limited mintage of only 50,000 coins worldwide.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features an image of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 as it appeared in Star Trek. The design includes the inscription “STAR TREK” and The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.